AICD Boardroom Effectiveness for Women (1 day) EOI
Time & Location
About the Event
Gain a comprehensive overview of the main components of effective leadership to enhance your performance and the function of your board.
The purpose of the course is to provide knowledge, frameworks and tools to enhance the governance, decision making and leadership skills of women. This course will provide participants with knowledge of the competencies of effective leaders, examine the role of female directors as leaders and consider ways in which women leaders can enhance their leadership skills to improve board and organisational outcomes and performance.
This course explores the impact of cultural attitudes regarding the role of women in society, how women think differently to men and how this plays out in the boardroom and on executive teams.
Who should attend?
- Directors and senior executives.
- Busy executives, owner directors, non-executive directors and those who aspire to directorship
How will I benefit?
- Understand how business models and analysis of behavioural types can be used to hone leadership skills most relevant to board functionality and conduct
- Assist the board to develop an appropriate model for team-building, sharing insights and debating issues — important factors in cultivating a well-functioning board
- Explore cultural biases, the differences in how women think vs how men think and how to address these issues
- Adjustment from an action orientation to one of influencing, guiding and mentoring
- Understand executive vs director decision making and explore different decision-making processes and tools
- Identify conflicts of interest and consider strategies to address them
How it works
The program has three components:
- Pre-course webinar on innovation and diversity - creating breakthrough ideas and smarter decisions.
- One day face-to-face course – Boardroom Effectiveness for Women.
- Post-course publication – Which Two Heads Are Better Than One?
Mode of Study
One Day: seven hours
For Directors by Directors
The course is presented by professional subject specialists and practising
directors with experience working across a range of boards. On the day you
will have opportunities to discuss specific issues with the facilitator and
network with your peers.
The cost of this course will be $1,560 ex GST. We are currently taking expression of interest.
This course requires a minimum of 12 people to register by the end of March
2020 for it to go ahead here in Dubbo. There has been significant interest in
the program to date so register early to secure your place. The time and
money saved instead of traveling to Sydney to complete the course is